Friday, June 5, 2009

More Awards ~ I Am Truly Blessed!!

Sarah has graced my blog with yet another award!

This award was developed by Tessa in honor of Dr Maithri Goonetilleke's birthday. Tessa was inspired by the way Dr Goonetileke reaches out to others and, with his humanity as her guide, she created this award "to acknowledge the depth and breadth of the warm open-heartedness from bloggers all over the world who reach out and touch their readers with their words." Tessa goes on to quote Dr Goonetilleke: "It has been my experience that whenever one human being reaches out to another in compassion, a bridge is built. A bridge which leads out of despair, into the light of hope and the possibility that tomorrow will hold a few less tears than yesterday."


To me those words by Dr. Goonetilleke is what a friend is. Someone who cares about your journey here on earth. I am honored Sarah thinks so much of me that she would pass this award on to me. I hope I inspire people and above all I hope I display compassion and just a little light to help someone find their way to all they can be. We are all gifted and talented, we just have to find our own gift and then share it with the world. Having friends a long the way that help you on your journey is a blessing of this wonderful Universe we live and love in! Thank you Sarah, I am honored!!



This Award is Extra Special to me because it is created by Sarah and given to me by Sarah! (I'm starting to think Sarah is my greatest fan!) Sarah this award I graciously accept. It shows the talent you possess that is deep inside you just bursting at the seams to come out! Your imagination is simply amazing and I have watched Ron's talent over the years and have every piece of paper, little scrap he scribbled on. His talent has developed over many years but the one thing that always stood out to me about his work was his wonderful imagination and his attention to every little detail. That is what I see in your art as well! Keep drawing, keep drawing, for you have an endless reservoir of talent waiting for you to discover and share with all of us!

Sarah's description of what this award means: "The Mental Duck to Mental Swan Award is given to two amazing groups of bloggers;
1. To Bloggers who encourage and nurture others bloggers to explore and grow in their creative, spiritual or mental lives.
2. To Bloggers who are blooming and growing creatively, spiritually or mentally in their ives & sharing it on their blogs .


I would like to pass both of these awards to:

Heather who has become a joy in my life with her loyal friendship. She is constantly encouraging, assisting and promoting other artists. She has her own unique creative talent that takes us all back in time with her Primitive creations! She is multi talented, painting, sewing, etc. She inspires me to try different things!


Jennifer who is the creator of a Social Network that has touched hundreds of people's lifes by creating a safe place for us all to go and share our spiritual sides as well as our creative sides. Her blog "DreamLife Stuiods" inspires me in so many ways as well as her blog "Barefoot in the Sand".

Carol Ochs who is a very talented artist and shares from the heart on any topic you might want to talk about! She inspired me with her beautiful web sites long before I had the privilege of getting to know her personally! Thanks for all the great conversations over at the Hat Carol and for sharing your beautiful talent with us all!

Thank you Sarah. I am so glad we met, you are an inspiration to me, your joy for life makes me joyful and I truly love your art!




5 comments:

Jen said...

It is friends like you, Sherry that show me that there are good, honest and genuine people in the world. We can all get so caught up with our own *stuff* that sometimes we miss the beautiful things. It is YOU and Ron's work that always get me back into taking a breath and feeling the Love within and to keep going, moving, creating and loving!!

Thank You SO much for this Award and For Being a True Friend!~

carolochs said...

Sherry.....

I'm very honored! Thank you so much for your kind acknowledging words and the wonderful award. The feeling is mutual and I'm so glad I've been able to meet and get to know you at The Black Hat, and look forward to knowing you better! You are an amazingly talented gal with a heart as big as Arkansas! I dig that about you! {{{hugs}}}

~Carol

Jen said...

Hey Girly...I created an Award All By Myself :) and I passed it along to you!~

Guess I am in an Award Mood today!~

Foolish Notions Vintage said...

I love this award, I recieved two tonight and both made me cry lol. I also have mentioned you on my blog.
You don't need to post it on yours I am sure that you will get it from a lot of people, you'll see what I mean lol.
Love you,
Heather

clairedulalune said...

Congratulations on your beautiful awards!