Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Deborah Award


this one was created by Ces was given to me by Sarah. This is what Ces says about the award:

"So today I am planting another tree. The Quercus shumardii or Shumard Oak. It is a handsome large tree with straight axis and broad, rounded open crown. It withstands strong hurricane winds, extreme heat, is tall and straight and just plain beautiful. It fits it's honoree, my dearest sister friend Deborah, poet, friend, not just a mother but a soldier's mother too. Oh, the sleepless nights, the anxiety and worries, yet she is perpetually pleasant and cheerful, kind and gentle, diplomatic and tactful. She exudes courage, hope and faith. To her son Pfc. Ryan and his fellow soldiers: I am grateful to you for making it possible for me to blog freely, sleep soundly and speak openly. Thank you! I stand by your mother and hold her hand as she awaits your safe return home.

Deborah, the honor is mine. You have enriched my life in such a short period of time. You inspire me and encourage me. Thank you very much!

I have more trees to plant but rest assured those who have virtual trees and acorns planted and distributed in their honor have one common virtue, they are loyal friends regardless of race, creed, political affiliations and geography. Here, I honor womanhood and friendship and there is nothing more wondrous a blessing for anyone than for a friend who came and never left your side. Someone like Deborah."

I have those kind of friends, as different as all the trees in my yard, oaks, redbuds, dogwoods, a sycamore. All beautiful and strong that grace my property with their different shapes and sizes, just like my friends who add to my life in different ways, but whom all touch my heart and give me Hope, Courage and Faith.

Back to you Sarah!! Everyday you are there to greet me, faithful you are. A Ray of sunshine when I am down. Your love of life is inspiring.

Heather
you know me so well (and love me anyway) and you have such aspecial place in my heart. You have Hope, Courage and Faith! You are stronger then you know!

Jennifer
for two years now you have inspired me to grow and learn new things and think outside the box with your amazing courage and faith and your endless creativity.

There are many more ladies I have met online that inspire me but I just don't have time to list them all.


No comments: